Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank You, Shawn Michaels



Where do I even start with this? Shawn Michaels is without a doubt a future WWE Hall of Famer and an inspiration for many. By far one of the greatest superstars to ever lace a pair of boots. In the ring, Shawn was untouchable. There weren't many people that could keep up with him, which is why Shawn was in a category of his own. When he was in the ring, he was in his own world. His drive to be the best was unmatched. (Many will argue that, but that's my opinion.) Anyways, HBK had many classic battles with superstars like Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho and of course, The Undertaker to name a few. Without a doubt, Shawn was The Showstopper. People paid to see him wrestle because he had incredible talent. I had my hopes for Shawn to defeat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26, but I also had my doubts. The Undertaker's streak is legendary and nobody can say that their 18-0 on the grandest stage of them all. Seeing HBK lose was tough because it was the end. As far as anyone knows, that was the last time we'll ever see him lace up a pair of boot and put on a show that the entire world will remember. His retirement speech on Raw this past Monday was sad. This has been his life for 25 years now and it's all coming to an end. As a longtime fan, I will without a doubt miss seeing him perform. I'm sad to see him go, but I guess you can't do this forever. So I want to say, Thank You Shawn Michaels. For everything you've done and the entertainment you've provided. Being a longtime wrestling fan, I've been watching Shawn for the last 12 or 13 years now. Maybe in time, we'll get to see one more match. But as it stands, Wrestlemania 26 was his last match. So like I said, thank you for all the memories and I hope we get to see one more match.

No comments:

Post a Comment